1. Are you a Springfield native, or a Springfield transplant?
I am a Springfield transplant. I was born and raised in Joplin, Missouri and moved to Springfield to attend school at Missouri State University where I am now finishing my senior year.
2. What attracted you to the advertising field?
I always knew I wanted to be a business major, but narrowing down to exactly where I wanted to be in that field was tough for me at first. I really enjoyed all of my marketing classes at Missouri State and as I got deeper into my advertising classes, creating plans and using both creative and strategic methods, I knew advertising was the place for me. Working at Revel has helped me grow in this interest and see that agency life is a great fit for me and something I am very passionate about.
3. What do you love most about your job?
What I love most about my job is the opportunity to learn. Whether through meetings, step by step methods, observation, or being given the opportunity to take ownership of my projects and tasks, I have been able to learn so much from our team and really grow in the field that I love.
4. Do you have any office nicknames around the office?
I get the occasional “Shelbs” but I’ve recently been named the “Revel cheerleader” because I’m our biggest fan (or just show the most spirit.)
5. How would your best friend describe you?
This was a really tough question for me to answer so I asked some of my best friends and they said: genuine, creative, trustworthy, positive, driven, charismatic (and only one of them said I was funny, but I’ll take it.)
6. Tell us a unique fact about yourself that few people would know.
I went to senior year of high school in the mall. Yes, the mall. After the Joplin tornado, our school was destroyed and they transformed an old department store into a modern day school where we swapped our textbooks for laptops. It was quite the lesson in overcoming adversity but the administrators, teachers and students turned it into a positive experience. (And no we did not get to eat lunch everyday in the food court.)
7. What food do you crave most?
Chick-fil-a, Chipotle and chocolate shakes
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Play the piano. I absolutely love music. I was in the choir growing up but could never play an instrument (unless you count the recorder in 4th grade.)
9. Do you have any special (or strange) talents?
This answer ironically goes well with my job at Revel as one of my main roles is to help run our social media accounts. My friends are always asking me to edit their photos, pick a filter or help them come up with an Instagram caption. So if “Instagram” counts as a special/strange talent, I guess that’s mine.
10. If you had to choose a theme song for your life, what would it be?
Right now I would say 22 by Taylor Swift is a perfect way to describe my life. ♬ It’s miserable (leaving college/friends) and magical (new opportunities/life in general) oh yeah. ♬
11. If you could meet anyone – living or dead – who would you choose?
Really any country music artist but my number one would have to be Jason Aldean.
12. The title of your personal autobiography would be:
Well currently, Life of a Busy Body: How to Balance Life When You’re Overly Involved
13. If Revel were an animal, what would it be and why?
I think one of Revel’s biggest strengths is that we are a very dynamic group so I would say a lively, motivated animal like a stallion.
14. Leave us with your favorite quote:
Short and simple, but it describes my life motto right now.
“Work hard and be nice.”