Full name: Lauren Becker
Title: Marketing Coordinator - Intern
1. Are you a Springfield native, or a Springfield transplant?
I am a transplant. Sioux Falls, South Dakota born and raised. I moved to Springfield three and a half years ago to attend college at Missouri State University!
2. What attracted you to the advertising field?
I love the creativity behind advertising. Although I have more of an “accounts” way of thinking, I’ve always been fascinated with people’s creative and artistic eye. It amazes me that behind every good (or bad) advertisement, there are a collection of creative brains coming together to create the ideas, graphics, concepts etc.
3. What do you love most about your job?
I love that everyday I learn something new. Whether that something has to do with marketing, advertising, or how to work the toaster oven in the kitchen, everyday here is a different experience. Revel has helped me discover talents and skill sets I didn’t know I had or was even capable of.
4. Do you have any office nicknames around the office?
Not that I know of…? Funny story though…In 5th grade people started calling me ‘Pounds’ because my initials are “lb.” Maybe that’ll catch on around the office.
5. How would your best friend describe you?
See below. (This went better than I thought it would- thanks, Alyson.)
6. Tell us a unique fact about yourself that few people would know.
I am really good at imitations. I can do all sorts of weird voices. I’ve actually had several people tell me I would be really good at voicing cartoon characters. I don’t necessarily do it in public… I’m rather shy about it actually. But my friends and family have been annoyed by it several times.
7. What food do you crave most?
Soft pretzels from Auntie Anne’s or Texas Roadhouse buns. I’m a huge fan of carbs. (Another reason the nickname “pounds” could catch on…)
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would love to learn how to play the guitar. I despised my mother when she put me in piano lessons as a kid and I regret that everyday. I wish I had stuck with it. I envy people who can play all different types of instruments.
9. What is your favorite book of all time?
Unfortunately, I’m not a huge reader. I actually don’t remember the last book I read. I am a huge sucker for romance novels though (basic, I know), so pretty much anything written by Nicholas Sparks is on my list of favorites.
10. Do you have any special (or strange) talents?
I like to think that I’m a good singer. I don’t do it much in public, but I do post an occasional Instagram video here and there.
11. If you had to choose a theme song for your life, what would it be?
“Starving” – Hailee Steinfeld (Because I’m always hungry.)
12. If you could meet anyone – living or dead – who would you choose?
Can I do an Oprah and Ellen Degeneres package deal? I grew up watching their shows everyday after school. Cosmic Brownie in one hand, Swiss Roll in the other. I looked forward to it everyday and I’ve always thought they are two of the most iconic women.
13. The title of your personal autobiography would be:
The Life of Lauren Becker: A Series of Unfortunate Events
14. If Revel were an animal, what would it be and why?
A liger. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic. (Please don’t speak to me if you don’t understand this reference.)
15. Leave us with your favorite quote:
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take – Wayne Gretzky” – Michael Scott