Christian brings a lot to the Revel table—digital expertise, a couple dogs, and expert movie opinions just to name a few. His always chill demeanor brings balance to the group and he’s our go-to IT guy. Get to know a very important member of our team, Christian!
1. Are you a Springfield native, or a Springfield transplant?
Springfield transplant for two years this November.
2. What attracted you to the advertising field?
I started out doing mostly film work; freelancing on short films and TV productions. Eventually I started doing more commercial work and realized I liked the challenge of trying to connect with an audience and deliver a message within 30 seconds. Now that’s sometimes down to 5 or 6 seconds, and the challenge is still just as fun.
3. What do you love most about your job?
I love the range of things I get to do on a daily basis. It is very rare for me that two days in a row are identical, and it lets me grow, stretch, create, and learn pretty constantly.
4. Do you have any office nicknames around the office?
5. How would your best friend describe you?
6. Tell us a unique fact about yourself that few people would know.
While having been in the hospital many, many times for many, many injuries, I have never broken a single bone.
7. What food do you crave most?
My grandmother’s rhubarb cobbler. She only makes it when she can get fresh rhubarb, and there’s something about it that isn’t quite like other rhubarb cobblers. I have the recipe, but it’s still not quite the same.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Sail. I would love to eventually own a boat and sail around all over the world.
9. What is your favorite book of all time?
Oof. This is not a fair question. I’m going to cheat and say the Gunslinger Saga from Stephen King. It still has one of the greatest openings of all time.
10. Do you have any special (or strange) talents?
I can identify any movie that I’ve seen with less than a minute of footage. Sometimes from just a single frame.
11. If you had to choose a theme song for your life, what would it be?
“I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” by U2
12. If you could meet anyone - living or dead - who would you choose?
13. The title of your personal autobiography would be
“Well, that didn’t go as f*@#cking planned.”
14. If Revel were an animal, what would it be and why?
A direwolf. Soft and cuddly and helpful and wonderful to have around, but don’t you dare cross its mama.
15. Leave us with your favorite quote
“Run like hell because you always need to. Laugh at everything; it’s always funny. Never cruel nor cowardly, and if you are always make amends. Never give up, never give in.”