Social Media Intern
Revel is powered behind the scenes by a lot of coffee, snacks and interns. If you stop by the office this summer, you’ll likely be greeted by our latest Marketing Intern, Madison! Here’s a little more about Revel’s latest intern addition!
1. Are you a Springfield native, or a Springfield transplant?
I’m a Springfield native. I’ve grown up here my whole life and I’d like to leave and experience a new city after college...but my mom has a different view on that subject matter.
2. What attracted you to the advertising field?
I love constantly being on the go and the ever-changing culture of advertising. I also thoroughly enjoy people and after being at Revel for a few weeks makes me believe I’ve found the right career path.
3. What do you love most about your job?
I love using a wide range of my skills like writing (which I really really love!), creating social media content, creative strategies and even problem-solving.
4. Do you have any office nicknames around the office?
As of now, not yet, but I came in today with a pretty gnarly sunburn, so I’m waiting to see where that puts me.
5. How would your best friend describe you?
This is coming from my friend, Mary James, so who knows what she’ll say.
6. Tell us a unique fact about yourself that few people would know.
I’m kind of an adrenaline junky. Roller coasters, cliff jumping, riding on motorcycles (ask me about that one) and skydiving (hopefully in the near future. Surprise, Mom!) I love it all.
7. What food do you crave most?
Sushi. All day every day. I’m also really into the plain raw fish, Nigiri, but that freaks a lot of people out.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would love to fluently speak another language, maybe German or Chinese? I tried Rosetta Stone once and learned how to say milk in Chinese, so I’d say it was a good start.
9. What is your favorite book of all time?
The Harry Potter series. It is truly amazing and I can’t get along with anyone who doesn’t agree with me. Sorry.
10. Do you have any special (or strange) talents?
Surprisingly, I’m really good at knife throwing??? Yeah, I know that is odd, but it’s kinda cool.
I also pride myself on being able to spell really well. Although I’m sure now that I said that, there’s going to be an error somewhere in this. (Editor’s note: She did spell roller coaster incorrectly at first. ;) )
11. If you had to choose a theme song for your life, what would it be?
Ideally it would be “Island in the Sun” by Weezer BUT realistically it would be “I’m Just a Kid” by Simple Plan. Maybe if I move to the beach I can make that first one come true.
12. If you could meet anyone - living or dead - who would you choose?
Heath Ledger. He sadly isn’t with us anymore but I think he was incredibly talented and very wise. Plus, he’s pretty easy on the eyes.
13. The title of your personal autobiography would be
The Short Girl With Blonde Hair Who Was Always Identified As The Short Girl With Blonde Hair - A Memoir
14. If Revel were an animal, what would it be and why?
Although this has already been said said, for sure a dog. If you block out the sounds of scratching paws and puppy whines, it is somewhat possible to get your work done around the office because there are dogs everywhere (haha.) But honestly, Revel is fun and has such a young spirit about the work they do and how they work together as a team.
15. Leave us with your favorite quote
“I shouldn’t have said that. I should not have said that.” - Hagrid from Harry Potter
Do you have a creative question for Madison that wasn’t covered in our interview? Post it in the comments section below, or send a tweet @revelads and we’ll hit you back with an answer.